In June 2008, I wrote a results paper for the DRUID conference at Copenhagen Business School. An earlier version of the paper compared Value Management with the innovation and consumer value literature.
Innovation lit compared:
- Christensen (1997) The innovator's dilemma
- Bass (1969) A new product growth model for consumer durables, Management Science
- Ryan and Gross (1943) The diffusion of hybrid seed corn
- Bijker (1995) Of bicycles, bakelites and bulbs: toward a theory of sociotechnical change
- Rogers (1962, 2003) Diffusion of innovations
Consumer value lit compared:
- Holbrook (1996) Customer value ACR
- Zeithaml (1988) Consumer perceptions of price, quality and value. Journal of Marketing
- Woodruff (1997) Customer value: the next source of competitive advantage. JAMS
- Flint, Woodruff and Gardial (2002) Eploring the phenomenon of customers' desired value change. Journal of Marketing
- Not included here, ut to include in thesis: Richins 1994 Valuing things. JCR
Pdf 24 pages of comparison: http://depositfiles.com/files/rbhxe5tn9
For your reading pleasure, and any comments welcome. This is a draft. See final DRUID paper here.