How do we make innovation an everyday, everywhere capability in our organizations?
This is part of the M-Prize website: "solving the toughest management challenges together".
leader so far has 8 likes and 15 comments. So get your Innovation thinking caps on and share your best of breed Innovation ideas with the community.
This is a great oppurtunity to expose your Innovation thinking to some of the leaders in the Innovation field. I will add something in about Value and Innovation, since I am looking to publicise the results of my thesis. This challenged is a great opportunity compared to the Academy of Management conference (papers due Jan 15), or Best Dissertation Award (due Feb 1).
Gary Hamel, Innovation Professor and guru is sponsoring the challenge. See his intro video:
Some initial ideas of what I could add to the challenge:
- Value Management: ongoing sensing of value rather than Innovation Management
- Value Leadership vs Value Management: giving customers what they want vs what they need
- Value concepts: value meanings, value practices, supporting concepts (attitude, emotion)
- Value model: process, attitude, emotion centrality
- Emotion as a mechanism to cut through incommensurable value properties
- Defining innovation: new and different vs new value
- Customer centricity rather than process centricity; emphasising voice of the customer in a dynamic environment with high uncertainty